For almost a year now there have been sightings of Macs running OS X 10.7 in web stats. And soon as Snow Leopard hit the streets, the speculation game began on the next cat-based name for OS X 10.7.
But as usual Apple was quiet.
Instead they kept showing us the "other hand". You know, iPhone 4, the iPad, new iPod Nanos and iPod Shuffles. There were even improvements in the iMac and MacBook Pro lineup. So just when this OS X fan thought Apple had forgotten OS X 10.7, and that Steve had focused all the attention on the iOS side of the house, that's when he show's us the other hand again.
Sometimes I wonder how many hands Apple has. Maybe the best animal association for Apple isn't a cat but an octopus!
Next Wednesday, 20 October 2010, we will learn more about Mac OS X 10.7 — also now known as ”Lion”. While I had thought a new Mac Book Air would be Apple's October Surprise, Uncle Steve takes it to an entire new level by revealing the next generation Mac OS X operating system. Items that would be cool include
- An App-Like Store for Mac OS X products
- The ability to run iApps in maybe a window or virtual environment
- New way to manage files/folders/applications... make it simple like the iOS
Oh the list can go on and on, but those are some of my favorites. If you have an idea of what feature you think Lion will have or should have, be sure to leave us a comment. I can't wait to hear this Lion roar!
Late Night Addition
If Lion is the last of the cat names (being the king of the jungle) what will OS 11 names be based on??? Here's our humorous take >
- IBM and Apple: Absent at Wimbledon
- Will Apple TV ever become a true cord cutting solution?
- Apple Conducts Marketing Research on Macs
- OS X El Capitan - Like Getting A New Mac
- Could Tim Cook Change Apple's Privacy Policies?
- Apple Watch vs. Fitbit
- New Apple management took center stage at WWDC 2015
- Apple Watch: Market Acceptance Will Take Time
- Apple's new MacBook, the blueprint for a 12" iPad
- WWDC 15: OS X El Capitan - 3 Best Features