The iPhone is a great gaming device. Whether one has a minute to kill waiting in a line or an hour on an airplane, there is always a game to play. Games range from quick and easy to use to hardcore.
A lot of games come and go, but the best games are the ones that stand the test of time on the iPhone. The top five games that stay on my iPhone are:
Infinity Blade II $6.99: Infinity Blade II came out at the beginning of December, but it already has won a ton of awards. This is a detailed medieval fighting game with swords, axes and shields from a third person perspective. It has the best graphics I have seen on any iPhone game. The game play is also excellent and really fits on the phone. If games like Angry birds are too simple, this is one to check out.
Bookworm $2.99: Bookworm is another word finder game that rewards longer word finds and penalizes shorts ones. It has been on my phone longer than any of the other ones on this list. This is one of the best non-multiplayer words game in the App Store.
Words with Friends $.99: Words with Friends is a better multiplayer version of scrabble. If you like playing games with friends, this is a great one to get. It has one of the best multiplayer setups, making it fun to play with friends all over the world.
Catan $4.99: Settlers of Catan is a board game where one builds settlements and cities from resources received from rolling the dice. This is the iPhone version of one of my favorite games and does not disappoint. The only thing that is missing is a Words with Friends style multiplayer option.
Hearts Pro $.99: For those who like the card game Hearts, this is the iPhone version. It is an excellent version even if it does not include any multiplayer options.
Those are the top five games of 2011. In 2012, developers will have to bring their game to the next level by adding better graphics and multiplayer options. If they are not on your iPhone, head over to the App Store and check them out.
- What hints are hiding within Apple's September 9 special event invitation?
- Can Apple TV be a Game Changer without Games?
- September 9 Special Event: Apple TV Will Steal The Show
- Is 2017 the Year of the Apple Car?
- Tim Cook makes radical statement – Apple stock bounces back
- The State of Apple in Brazil
- Is a price increase coming for the new Apple TV?
- Biggest feature for the highly anticipated Apple TV
- Is the lack of an Apple TV Streaming service Apple's fault?
- OS X Yosemite gets a fifth revision