Autumn has finally arrived in North America. While that means the college football seasons begins as well as school starts as well as cooler morning air bringing a change to the leaves, we Apple aficionados also know that means October is just around the corner.
October means a couple of things. First, a new fiscal year for Apple. We'll get to hear 4th quarter results and annual results in mid-October. This let's us know whether Apple is on track or has slipped somewhere. Second, it usually means new products of one sort or another.
This year Apple has several things they could release in October. First and foremost is the iOS 5 platform and iPhone 5. The announcement has already been made that these two products would show up in the Fall. October makes perfect sense for both. But traditionally October has also been a time when updates to MacBook Pros come to the fore. With the MacBook Air's popularity — its sleek design and affordable price points — we wonder what exactly the updated MacBook Pro's will sport this time around.
Our curiosity goes straight to the chassis. Right now if you set a MacBook Air next to a MacBook Pro the Pro looks like a boat anchor. The screen is sleek, but that's about it. The room needed for those slow, bulky hard and super drives really make the Pro look like a design from the early 2000's. To fix that perception we can see Apple rolling out two chassis for the updated MacBook Pro line-up. The first would house the standard hard and super drives and look similar to today. But for those who want to look more MacBook Air-ish, a second design would not contain a super drive and only use the slimmer SSD. While it would still carry the Pro moniker it would look like a "tweener" between the current Pro and Air models. This tweener design would also have the discrete graphics chip, necessary for most Pro users.
We believe this is a very interesting concept and we'd love to hear what you think. Here's to October!
- Apple's quiet but steady improvements to the butterfly keyboard
- Stop the Insanity! Did Apple's iPhones Sales Really Fall Last Quarter?!
- Stop The Fake News! iPhone X's OLED Display Is NOT Just Like Any Other Samsung Offering
- iPhone X: Android Publications Can't Get Enough Of It
- Apple Gears Up at Costco, Just In Time For Christmas
- NY Times David Pogue Gets Why Apple TV 4K is the Best Streaming Box On The Market
- iPhone X: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- Absolutely The Best Feature Change In iPhone X
- Apple Gets the Millennial and Journalists Don't Like It
- Apple's Best Hidden Talent Resides Within Their Silicon Team