In case you missed it (as did I), and you own an Apple TV, a 5.1 update was issued from Apple back in the dark ages of September 24, 2012... Here is a list of the updates new capabilities:
|Shared Photo Streams||Accept invitations for Shared Photo Streams, browse photos and comments, and receive notifications of new content.|
|AirPlay||Send audio content from Apple TV to AirPlay-enabled speakers and devices (including AirPort Express and other Apple TVs). Also includes the ability to require an onscreen code to use AirPlay with your Apple TV.|
|iTunes account switching||Save multiple iTunes accounts and switch quickly between them.|
|Trailers||Search movie trailers. In the United States, see show times for local theaters.|
|Screen savers||New Cascade, Shrinking Tiles, and Sliding Panels screen savers.|
|Main menu||Reorder icons on the second page by holding down the select button on the remote.|
|Subtitles||SDH support for the deaf and hard-of-hearing as well as improvements to viewing and selecting subtitles.|
|Network configuration||Support for setting up advanced network options using configuration profiles. Seehttp://support.apple.com/kb/HT5437 for more information.|
|Stability and performance||Includes general performance and stability improvements.|
The top three features are indeed pretty nice updates for anyone with additional iOS devices. It is nice to see that Apple continues to improve Apple TV. Meanwhile, we endlessly wait for that mythical new Apple TV device to show up and dominate the home theater arena, and get it over with already.
- Is Intel's Reign Almost Over?
- An Apple Special Event in November?
- Google's Newest Pixel 2 Phones, Their Worst Ever?
- Best Thing About the MacBook Pro is...
- Tech Journalist's Apple TV 4K Hypocrisy On Full Display
- What Is The Difference Between iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X?
- If you haven't ordered your iPhone 8 yet, odds are it's because you are holding out for iPhone X
- Moving to an iPhone from an Android device could cause some real problems – like not having any.
- Apple's Silent iPhone 8 Price Increase
- iPhone 8 for $1,400? Not Even Close