iBooks is Apple’s ebook reader application. iOS users can purchase and read ebooks through the application. It is comparable to Amazon’s Kindle application for iOS. Kindle does have more ebooks, but iBooks has a better book presentation. iBooks is more interactive, which is better for technical and school books.
Apple released version 3 of iBooks in last month’s keynote. The new version now uses iCloud to store the books. It also includes numerous display refinements and sharing options. Even with these improvements, iBooks has one giant problem.
iBook’s giant problem is the lack of a Mac version. You can buy an ebook from Apple, but you can’t read it on all their products. Users can create iBooks on the Mac, but not read them. The Mac is a great platform to read books, especially text books and computer books, since the work is on the same device. The Kindle app is the only ebook reader for all of Apple’s products and that is a problem for iBook. Apple needs to release iBooks for the Mac to make iBooks complete. Until then, the Kindle app is a better option.
- Apple is no "Tesla Graveyard" Mr. Musk
- Time for new Apple Displays
- Updated Mac Pro's at Apple October Special Event?
- Amazon Flinches: Fear of the all new Apple TV on full display
- Apple TV: What we don't know
- Apple's App stores need to think more like Google Search
- Waiting for iPhone 6s - Gate
- iPhone 6s - 3D Touch is more than a gimmick
- Details of Apple's iPhone Upgrade Program
- Apple's $32 a month iPhone plan is shaking the industry to its core