Over the past several quarters, Apple has consistently outpaced PC sales both in the US and world-wide. Apple has kept a laser eye on it's well crafted product and offerings, literally owning the $1,000 and above market space. Moving forward Apple is setting the stage to dominate overall PC sales, leaving only remnants of former US powerhouses as mere shadows. Here's how it's happening:
- The entire globe is moving toward mobile form factors — both smartphone and tablets. This shift is slowing down desktop and laptops sales, as specifically, the iPad lineup is seen as a strong enough product to replace the laptop for many users.
- As Apple iPads and iPhones world-wide sales continue grow, over 200 million of these devices are expected to sell in 2013. This hurts legacy Windows PC sales.
- While PC sales slow, Mac sales continue to pick up halo-effect sales from iPhone and iPads being purchased. The hub model, or what Steve Jobs called the "Truck vs Car" analogy kicks into full swing.
- The market is buying Windows PC's at an ever slower clip, and when they do purchase a legacy computing OS product, more and more are shifting to make a Mac their hub for their mobile Apple devices.
If haven't yet seen any Microsoft Surface ads, with dubstep music trying to attract the youth crowd, you are living under a rock. Microsoft is in all-out panic mode to sell Surface tablets and Lumina handsets, as Apple's vertical solutions are set to begin the end of the Redmond-based software giants dominate monopoly.
- iPhone 8 for $1,400? Not Even Close
- Apple's New ARKit and Virtual Reality – The Next Level Awaits
- Apple, Boeing and Low Earth Orbit Nirvana
- First Presentation in Steve Jobs Theater: iPhone's 10th Anniversary Special Event
- A Complete Car Offering From Apple Is In The Works
- Apple's New 10.5-inch iPad Pro Begins Shipping
- The Rebirth of Mac: Apple Listening to Customers or Responding to iPad's Missteps?
- Finder FINALLY Arrives in iOS 11
- iPhone 8, Home Button and the Amazing OLED Display
- iPhone 8's Killer Feature – AirPods