Radio personality Rush Limbaugh began his daily radio broadcast on Monday singing the praises of his new iPad with retina display. Limbaugh said,
“He [Rush's brother David] was blown away with it [the new iPad], and I am now, too. I am totally blown away with this, but it took me two days to appreciate it. I don't know why. There was just something yesterday afternoon.”
This isn't the first time Limbaugh has praised Apple products. In the past he has bragged about getting iPhones on launch day — not just one, but several. He has several MacBook Pros and Airs at his disposal that he gives randomly to callers when feeling extra-generous. He calls this his "stash" in mocking some women in Detroit who thought when President Obama was elected that they would instantly get free money from Obama's "stash". In his studio one can see an Apple 30" Cinema which is impossible to miss when watching his video feed.
When the iPad 2 came out, Limbaugh secured 20 or so high end, 3G 64GB models and had them engraved with his signature and his company's EIB logo. Then Limbaugh launched his Facebook account and gave away one iPad 2 to a random Facebook follower each day until he was out. His Facebook followers instantly grew above the 1 million mark.
Last Friday rush announced he was on Twitter, and in similar fashion has secured 20 or so new iPad's with retina display to give away, one a day, to those who follow him there. His "handle" (as he calls it — being from the CB Radio days) is @limbaugh or @rushlimbaugh.
Limbaugh has been an Apple fan throughout, and with his braggadocios style he promotes what he loves — and it is clear Rush loves Apple products.
- New MacBook continues to see shipping delays – Intel to blame?
- Apple Watch Launch: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, Crickets...
- Mismanaged Expectations: Apple Watch, MacBook
- Angela - Apple Store Lines are a Good for Apple
- Over / Under: Angela Ahrendts out by June?
- New MacBook Still Vaporware, But High In Demand
- Apple Watch: My try-on customer experience
- Apple MacBook: Failure to Launch
- Apple Watch: Stores shrouded in black – Appointment System Goes Down
- Apple's strategy to eliminate tomorrow's Apple Watch lines