With Safari 6, Apple combined the address bar and search engine box. While some may dislike this, most will like this change in time. With one keyboard shortcut (Command + L), users can enter the internet address or search the internet. Safari only has three options for a search engine, but there are many other search engines on the internet. Now, users do have other options.
AnySearch is a free plugin for Safari what allows the users to change their search engine. It comes with many different search engines built-in, but users can change it to whatever they want in the custom search engine section.
Google does not have a monopoly on internet search. There are many great search engines out there other an Google Search and Bing. With AnySearch, users can now access those engines through the unified search box in Safari 6.
- Is Apple TV dead or is it just the beginning?
- Intel – Your Days with Apple are Numbered
- Apple Watch: The Ultimate iPhone Accessory
- Apple Servers: Why It Still Makes Sense
- Why I'm buying the new MacBook
- 10 Apple Watch Technologies that Crush Android Wear, Part 2
- 10 Apple Watch Technologies that Crush Android Wear
- Apple Watch Edition Needs Celebrity Sponsors
- Lack of ports on the new MacBook? No problem for those living in 2015
- Where does the MacBook Air go now?