With Safari 6, Apple combined the address bar and search engine box. While some may dislike this, most will like this change in time. With one keyboard shortcut (Command + L), users can enter the internet address or search the internet. Safari only has three options for a search engine, but there are many other search engines on the internet. Now, users do have other options.
AnySearch is a free plugin for Safari what allows the users to change their search engine. It comes with many different search engines built-in, but users can change it to whatever they want in the custom search engine section.
Google does not have a monopoly on internet search. There are many great search engines out there other an Google Search and Bing. With AnySearch, users can now access those engines through the unified search box in Safari 6.
- Can Apple Get Its Mojo Back?
- Special Event in September
- AAPL Stock In Dulldrums
- El Capitan: Will Your Apps Run in Apple's Latest OS?
- Why Apple Should Acquire GoPro
- Does a 12-inch iPad Pro make sense?
- 2015: Is Cook The Right Man For Apple?
- Apple TV to be Apple's hero in 2015
- Wall Street to Apple: It isn't how well you are doing, it's how well you are doing compared to our fantasy world
- Apple's Q3 2015 conference call – What will Tim Cook and Luca Maestri have in store?