I was in the Portland, OR area the other day and at a local high-end mall. Microsoft is advertising anywhere they can these days. One place they picked was this escalator in the mall. Along the sides of the escalator the glass is covered in pink and baby blue. It says "Surface. Exclusively at Microsoft retail stores." Strange. There's only an Apple Store at this mall, no Microsoft store.
However, what was truly funny is how this made for a great Microsoft metaphor: Surface takes you down, down, down and then ends in needing repair. Typical Microsoft I would say.
Oh yeah, this video was captured using an iPhone 5 — of course! (amazing the bright Surface colors didn't damage my lens)
- Happy 4th of July
- IBM and Apple: Absent at Wimbledon
- Will Apple TV ever become a true cord cutting solution?
- Apple Conducts Marketing Research on Macs
- OS X El Capitan - Like Getting A New Mac
- Could Tim Cook Change Apple's Privacy Policies?
- Apple Watch vs. Fitbit
- New Apple management took center stage at WWDC 2015
- Apple Watch: Market Acceptance Will Take Time
- Apple's new MacBook, the blueprint for a 12" iPad