The Auto Show came to Portland last weekend January 24-27, 2013, which showcased the latest cars and trucks by most of the auto industry. They also had specialty areas for green, exotic, luxury, and tricked out autos.
This year, the guys of T-GAAP went to the show to check out to latest cars and trucks, but we also wanted to see if Apple had any presence at the show. What we found was indeed interesting.
The marketing departments at auto manufacturers have traded in their clip boards and paper, to using iPads for pretty much everything. iPads are used for surveys and sweepstakes, to multimedia informal kiosks. Some examples include:
iMacs were also in the mix for larger kiosks with Apple keyboards and trackpads secured to the table.
Even Apple cinema displays were used.
MacBooks were seen throughout the show to playing music and used by those covering the show.
This is a big show, so one would think someone would be using something other than an Apple product, right? Maybe Korean automaker Hyundai or Kai would be using Samsung products?...
Nope. We didn’t find a single non-Apple product that was in use at the show. Apparently, when marketers care about the presentation of their products, they use Apple products (in other words, they get it). These presentations are easy to create in the iOS Development world, and look good in a display and all functioned very well. Macs, and more predominantly iPads, are popping up everywhere in business and the touring Auto Show is just another example.
- Does a 12-inch iPad Pro make sense?
- 2015: Is Cook The Right Man For Apple?
- Apple TV to be Apple's hero in 2015
- Wall Street to Apple: It isn't how well you are doing, it's how well you are doing compared to our fantasy world
- Apple's Q3 2015 conference call – What will Tim Cook and Luca Maestri have in store?
- Affinity Photo Better Than Pixelmator? No Contest
- Three Keys to Apple TV Dominating the Market this Fall
- Formal FTC investigation into Apple Music would be baseless
- Yawn - Galaxy S6 Generates No New Customers
- Happy 4th of July