If you are hoping for Santa to spring a new Mac Pro under the tree to act as your new 4K power-house editing machine, fugheddaboudit.
It appears Apple's elves won't be delivering the Mac Pro to market until after the clatter of hoofs and milk and cookies are long gone. Or, at least until Monday, December 30, which can be closely tied to the New Year – the prefect excuse to set a New Year's resolution for better editing, gaming and blazingly fast everything (all in the shape of an oversized soda can)!
Upstream supply chain rumors from the usual, and unreliable, Digitimes had been completely absent regarding the new Mac Pro. New ways to discover reliable launch date information, and ongoing Apple development programs are going to needed in order to discover future Apple offerings. The Mac Pro is being built in the U.S. via Flextronics. Hunting down Flextronics materials chain for such a low volume product proved very difficult to detect. Apple is moving to a more regional manufacturing model, and it will make discovering prototype builds or first article runs difficult to detect for future offerings.
Apple the master of utmost secrecy? Consider that ideology running at full speed ahead in Cupertino. As for the Mac Pro's arrival? Here's to hoping Santa leaves us all a few grand in our stockings, for a New Year's powerhouse.
- OS X - Active or Inactive?
- Apple's Mac lineup in languishing – Is a massive re-invention near?
- MotorTrend Got One thing Right About Apple Car – Maybe
- Apple's Target is Set – Tesla's Model 3
- Apple's Once Cutting Edge Mac Pro Tower Now Following Habits Of Old
- iPad Pro - The Missing Keyboard Button
- Who Will Buy Apple's New 9.7" iPad Pro?
- What Apple Didn't Say...
- Has An All New Apple Watch Been Delayed?
- No Way! Did DigiTimes Get New MacBook Rumor Right?!