Computer users have a huge number of options when it comes to bags for carrying and protecting their laptops. It can be hard to decide which one is best with so many choices. There are far more poor options than there are great or even good options. One of those great options though is the Surge II by The North Face.
The Surge II has a dedicated laptop pocket that can fit up to a 17 in laptop. The Macbook can easily fit with plenty of extra room to make it easy to store or remove the computer. There is also a pocket in the laptop compartment for an iPad. This pocket is near the top for easy access. One word of caution though: iPads with large cases may not fit. Most slim cases and slim keyboards should work.
Beyond the laptop compartment, there is plenty of extra room to store the rest of the gear. The outside features a water bottle pocket, sunglasses/phone pocket, small zipper with expanding fabric and two large quick access pockets for frequently used items. This backpack also has a middle compartment with plenty of organizing pockets for all the small items users want to carry with them. With 1953 cubic inches of storage capacity, the main pocket can hold a lot of gear and clothes when traveling. This can be almost too much space for some and for daily use, but with side compression straps, the Surge II can be compressed down to a very easy to use size. The key is the laptop compartment, which uses stiff materials that assist the compression straps to get rid of the extra space. Compression straps without a stiff backing are almost useless.
The Surge II by The North Face is one of the best backpack style laptop bags available today. It has enough room for weekend or overnight trips, but can be easily compressed into a daily bag when needed. The North Face is known for great gear and this one does not disappoint with quality materials and hardware. They are available at many stores including Amazon and REI.
- AAPL Stock In Dulldrums
- El Capitan: Will Your Apps Run in Apple's Latest OS?
- Why Apple Should Acquire GoPro
- Does a 12-inch iPad Pro make sense?
- 2015: Is Cook The Right Man For Apple?
- Apple TV to be Apple's hero in 2015
- Wall Street to Apple: It isn't how well you are doing, it's how well you are doing compared to our fantasy world
- Apple's Q3 2015 conference call – What will Tim Cook and Luca Maestri have in store?
- Affinity Photo Better Than Pixelmator? No Contest
- Three Keys to Apple TV Dominating the Market this Fall