Most of us were earlier adopters of iOS 7. I held out for two weeks, but only two weeks. Most people who own a modern iPhone or iPad are running iOS 7. It would take a conscious effort and specific reasons NOT to upgrade.
That said, iOS 7 has some serious interface drawbacks. Example one: try turning off your iPhone or iPad. It looks as if the graphics department had the week off and the engineering team made it work, but... there is a lot to be desired. It isn't the prettiest thing you've ever seen. Another way of saying it is that it isn’t something you'd expect from Apple.
Another example is the iPhone voicemail system. It is slow, less intuitive and somewhat buggy. Maybe it seems buggy because it's so slow at times? Once again, Voicemail’s implementation looks as though the graphics/interface team had that week off when designing the interface.
There are several other areas that are lacking in iOS 7 and that is why this video gives us some hope. It is of someone who has a white iPhone running iOS 7.0.4 and a black iPhone running a developmental version of iOS 7.1. After watching it, I was reminded again of how “half-baked” iOS 7 is on the interface front. All the tools are there to make it nice and polished, but it was as if they had to launch it to launch the new iPhones/iPads (which is probably more true than we know).
In any event, it is nice to know Apple understands their interface weaknesses and looks like they are taking them head on with iOS 7.1.
- El Capitan: Will Your Apps Run in Apple's Latest OS?
- Why Apple Should Acquire GoPro
- Does a 12-inch iPad Pro make sense?
- 2015: Is Cook The Right Man For Apple?
- Apple TV to be Apple's hero in 2015
- Wall Street to Apple: It isn't how well you are doing, it's how well you are doing compared to our fantasy world
- Apple's Q3 2015 conference call – What will Tim Cook and Luca Maestri have in store?
- Affinity Photo Better Than Pixelmator? No Contest
- Three Keys to Apple TV Dominating the Market this Fall
- Formal FTC investigation into Apple Music would be baseless