WWDC fever is at an all time high, and there is no wondering why. By the time WWDC arrives it will have been nine months since Apple’s top brass has taken to the stage and introduced something new, or even a scant product update. That’s a long time in technology time. Fans, developers and even Apple’s competition are all waiting to see what surprises Apple has in store.
Newer versions of iOS and OS X will be the foundation to the conference. What is yet unknown will most likely revolve around hardware. What Apple will do to surprise and delight developers and conference attendees is always what drives the show.
The nearly mythical revised Apple TV, that has been predicted more times than the end of the world, is no more likely to show up at WWDC than it is to show up in the Fall or sometime in 2046. Apple TV could make its debut at WWDC 14, but it is really anyone’s guess at this point.
A new iMac or Mac mini may be getting long overdue. This would help Apple’s desktop space, and it makes some sense with OS X being revamped. But the desktop market is in massive retreat. Pushing an ever shrinking market at WWDC hardly seems the right play by Apple.
The most likely product to arrive is the highly anticipated iPhone 6 in a 4.7" form factor. This leaves the Fall schedule wide open for one of many new product announcements. Moreover, many rumors report of iPhone 6 components being ready to go. Finally an announcement of iPhone 6 at WWDC 14 hurts Samsung's S5 recent launch.
- Stop The Fake News! iPhone X's OLED Display Is NOT Just Like Any Other Samsung Offering
- iPhone X: Android Publications Can't Get Enough Of It
- Apple Gears Up at Costco, Just In Time For Christmas
- NY Times David Pogue Gets Why Apple TV 4K is the Best Streaming Box On The Market
- iPhone X: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- Absolutely The Best Feature Change In iPhone X
- Apple Gets the Millennial and Journalists Don't Like It
- Apple's Best Hidden Talent Resides Within Their Silicon Team
- Is Intel's Reign Almost Over?
- An Apple Special Event in November?