Sir Jonathan Ive, Apple’s Senior Vice President of Hardware and Software, has been an absolute fixture with the company. He has been with the company for 22 years, and is typically seen and heard via interviews for Apple, or acting as a major presence within Apple’s promotional video campaigns for newly introduced products. Jony’s fingerprints on Apple are indelible and everywhere. But will Sir Ive grace the keynote stage this year at Apple’s annual World Wide Developers Conference (WWDC)?
Jony doesn't like the big stage, rather, he shies away from it. At last years WWDC, Ive introduced iOS 7 via a promotional video, but never took to the stage. Ive makes himself known, but it has been years since he has showed up live, on stage, at an actual Apple keynote event. He seems most comfortable living within the deep, dark tunnels of Apple’s creative nerve center cooking up something good. Evidently really good if the rumors resemble anything close to accurate during next week's WWDC keynote event.
What that something great will be is anyone’s guess. And while Ive does not like to take center stage, could it be that the event is big enough for Jony to make an appearance? Will Ive unveil some amazing new hardware or software? Tim Cook often leaves new unveilings to Phil Schiller, Apple’s Senior Vice President of marketing, or Craig Federighi, Apple’s Senior Vice President of software engineering, but both men lack that certain energy Ive brings to the table.
Apple has been hyping their forthcoming WWDC two hour keynote presentation for weeks now, and its length leaves plenty of room for all of Apple’s top brass to grace the stage. It is Sir Jonathan Ive who delivers the best Jobsian-like presence of them all. A bit of mystery is hidden within the accent, and his meek, yet skilled delivery, blends well with his honest passion. San Francisco — Tuesday, 10 AM Pacific - Moscone West — the man that is an institution of Apple... It should all add up to Ive’s being present because of a Tim Cook demand, not a request, for WWDC. We can’t wait.
- Apple, Boeing and Low Earth Orbit Nirvana
- First Presentation in Steve Jobs Theater: iPhone's 10th Anniversary Special Event
- A Complete Car Offering From Apple Is In The Works
- Apple's New 10.5-inch iPad Pro Begins Shipping
- The Rebirth of Mac: Apple Listening to Customers or Responding to iPad's Missteps?
- Finder FINALLY Arrives in iOS 11
- iPhone 8, Home Button and the Amazing OLED Display
- iPhone 8's Killer Feature – AirPods
- You Started With A FitBit, But You'll End With An Apple Watch and AirPods
- iPhone 8 Roundup – From Rumors To Reality