Beginning June 27, iPhones and iPads will once again be sold through Costco Wholesale. Apple's strong march back into Costco means Samsung will no longer be going unchecked within the U.S.'s largest club wholesaler. Apple will soon be reconnected the club's higher income Americans, tp which Costco largely caters.
The average annual household income of each Costco membership is $96,000. The typical Costco member who purchases technology at the retailer is not part of the early adopter crowd. Rather, Costco members largely tie into what is called the "laggard" segment of the market, settling on whatever Costco is offering. This is a large high-income segment Apple has been missing for the past four years.
Costco's cellular kiosk network is owned by Car Toys founder and CEO, Dan Brettler, who released a letter earlier this month claiming Apple was finally going to be back in Costco Wholesale, but gave no details as to when. Speculation for Apple's return was for this autumn, but we have received first-hand information of June 27, and we firmly believe that to be accurate.
Costco has already begun springing up iTunes gift card end-caps, but whether the iPad will be sold exclusively as a connected carrier device via the kiosk location, or also sold as wifi devices on the warehouse floor is still unknown. iPod touch and Apple TV may also be offered via the warehouse, but we have yet to confirm that information. Either way, we'll know soon enough, as Apple is about to put a big dent into Samsung's Costco sales figures.
- Apple's "Hello Again" October Event - All About Mac
- Don't Let Mansfield Fool You
- Strong Sales For Apple Watch Series 2
- Samsung Getting Destroyed By Airlines
- October Special Event Anticipation
- Apple's Innovation – Calm Before The Storm?
- Why Worry About North Korea, Nukes and EMP Blasts, When We have Samsung?!
- The Two Best Ways To Buy An iPhone 7 From Apple
- Apple's Sneak Attack In Ditching Analog Audio
- Pre Apple Special Event Predictions