The copy and paste commands have been around since the beginning of the Mac and before. Copy and paste saves and retrieves information from the clipboard. It was even big news when Apple added copy and paste to the iOS platform. Now, it is hard to imagine using an iOS device without it.
While the clipboard has been around for a long time, it has not really changed at all. About the only thing that has been done to it has been to change the way we use copy and paste on the iOS. There is one feature that many people would love to have though. That is multiple clipboards. Multiple clipboards allows the user to paste more than just the last item they saved to the clipboard. Ideally, this should be added to the operating system. For those who don’t want to wait for Apple, there are solutions in the Mac App Store. Flycut is a free open source clipboard manager that is available in the Mac App Store. There are many clipboard managers in the App Store, and many free ones. Flycut stands out because of one feature. It uses a global hotkey to call up the clipboards, ??V. The normal paste ?V function still works fine. When the user wants to use more than just the last one, they just have to hit the hotkey and use the arrows to select the clipboard they want. Flycut can save as many clipboards as the user wants in the background. It is a simple tool that has a small footprint of only 10MB in memory.
The Clipboard is an indispensable tool that has been around for decades. For users looking for more out of the Clipboard, give Flycut a try. It is small, easy to use, and free from the Mac App Store.
- Time for new Apple Displays
- Updated Mac Pro's at Apple October Special Event?
- Amazon Flinches: Fear of the all new Apple TV on full display
- Apple TV: What we don't know
- Apple's App stores need to think more like Google Search
- Waiting for iPhone 6s - Gate
- iPhone 6s - 3D Touch is more than a gimmick
- Details of Apple's iPhone Upgrade Program
- Apple's $32 a month iPhone plan is shaking the industry to its core
- What's next for iPhone 7?