Earlier this year, the rumors were that the iPhone 6 might be released at WWDC. Then other rumors came out for a summer release. August is almost here and we have yet to hear anything from Apple, as it appears both sets of rumors are incorrect.
Current rumors show the new iPhone 6 coming in two screen sizes: a 4.7 inches and 5.5 inches. Along with bigger screens the new iPhone may have a faster A-series processor, a more durable sapphire display, smaller bezel, and thinner chassis. The larger iPhone may have Optical Image Stabilization to set it apart from the smaller one. However, what do the current rumors say about a release date?
The current rumors dismiss a summer release date, which is to be expected. It is late in the summer and too many people are on vacation. Most of the rumors point to a Fall release date. These rumors are probably just guessing, but it is a timeframe with the highest probability. The last two iPhones (5 and 5s) were released in the Fall. Apple has stuck to a annual release cycle for all but one of its iPhones. A Fall release also makes sense from a retail standpoint as most people are back to work and school — re-engaged in normal routines.
Fall also makes sense because most iPhone buyers are on two-year contacts. Many iPhone 5 buyers will be out of contract, or soon out of contract, and therefore looking for a new phone. Finally, Fall makes sense since over the past two years, Apple has held Special Events in September (2012, 2013) and October (2012, 2013). This “new” pattern has been since Cook took control. While Jobs liked surprises, Cook seems to be a leader who likes predictability. Therefore the smart money is on a Fall release of Apple’s greatest iPhone release ever.
- Stop the Insanity! Did Apple's iPhones Sales Really Fall Last Quarter?!
- Stop The Fake News! iPhone X's OLED Display Is NOT Just Like Any Other Samsung Offering
- iPhone X: Android Publications Can't Get Enough Of It
- Apple Gears Up at Costco, Just In Time For Christmas
- NY Times David Pogue Gets Why Apple TV 4K is the Best Streaming Box On The Market
- iPhone X: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- Absolutely The Best Feature Change In iPhone X
- Apple Gets the Millennial and Journalists Don't Like It
- Apple's Best Hidden Talent Resides Within Their Silicon Team
- Is Intel's Reign Almost Over?