The invitations are out and Apple wishes it could tell us more. But for those outside the executive suite at Infinity Loop we will need to wait one more week, until 9.9.2014. The significance of the location is that the Flint Center, located on the De Anza college campus, is where Steve Jobs unveiled the original Macintosh 30 years ago.
Apple didn’t pick this time or location haphazardly to hold their next special event. All indicators are that this will not be a special event. It will be a mega, super, spectacular, special event and it will be a game changer. Most everyone within the tech media believe they know what will happen on 9.9.2014, but truth be told, no one outside the privileged few know anything. It is easy to guess, but it is difficult to say for certain.
Will Apple announce the new iPhone? Highly likely, but why the building? Are they going to announce iWatch or a new Apple TV. Again, if so why the big building? Maybe it just adds to the mystery and intrigue. Maybe Apple can better control the lighting, sound and other presentation elements better in a building they construct rather than using the Yerba Buena Center? Maybe, just maybe, Apple announces SkyNet and shows us how it will spawn some fantastic Terminator movies.
At T-GAAP we believe this will be an after party facility. Media will be allowed to get their 5-10 minutes with the new iPhone and perhaps be allowed to at least see (behind glass) the iWatch. This after event pavilion may also be catered. But perhaps Apple shocks us all and delivers an Apple 4K TV... At this point, anyone's guess is as good as ours. Let us know your thoughts below.
- AAPL Stock In Dulldrums
- El Capitan: Will Your Apps Run in Apple's Latest OS?
- Why Apple Should Acquire GoPro
- Does a 12-inch iPad Pro make sense?
- 2015: Is Cook The Right Man For Apple?
- Apple TV to be Apple's hero in 2015
- Wall Street to Apple: It isn't how well you are doing, it's how well you are doing compared to our fantasy world
- Apple's Q3 2015 conference call – What will Tim Cook and Luca Maestri have in store?
- Affinity Photo Better Than Pixelmator? No Contest
- Three Keys to Apple TV Dominating the Market this Fall