Research, rumor and a timely update, inform us that Apple will be holding a special event in February 2015. Exact timing is still unclear, but Tuesday, February 24th, may indeed be the event date, with an as of yet unknown announcement.
From what we have gleaned, Tim Cook will revisit Apple Watch, recapping its capabilities and possibly showing off some new features not yet revealed. In addition we will learn about regional launch dates and pricing for all models and wristband options. The unknown item to be announced may very well be an Apple Watch feature or Apple Watch related. The Apple Watch will be available in late March or early April. Our understanding is the exact date has yet to be decided by Apple’s top brass.
The second announcement will be the unveiling of a fan-less 12-inch MacBook. Mark Gurman of 9to5mac claims the 12-inch will be a MacBook Air model. However, our understanding is the laptop will be an entry-level MacBook Pro w/Retina Display, landing around $1,099 USD, replacing the legacy MacBook Pro with optical drive. The MacBook will be available Friday, February 27.
- Why iPad Pro is a long ways off from replacing MacBooks
- Apple's MacBook Lineup Is More Confusing Than Ever
- Apple's quiet but steady improvements to the butterfly keyboard
- Stop the Insanity! Did Apple's iPhones Sales Really Fall Last Quarter?!
- Stop The Fake News! iPhone X's OLED Display Is NOT Just Like Any Other Samsung Offering
- iPhone X: Android Publications Can't Get Enough Of It
- Apple Gears Up at Costco, Just In Time For Christmas
- NY Times David Pogue Gets Why Apple TV 4K is the Best Streaming Box On The Market
- iPhone X: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- Absolutely The Best Feature Change In iPhone X