Apple reveals their quarterly and year-end financials a week from today, Tuesday, October 27, after the closing bell. Apple's financial audio call can be listened to live, starting at 2:00 p.m. PT here.
Wall Street consensus expectations for Apple's fourth quarter are as follows:
- Revenues of $51.07B (Year-Ago Sales: $41.12B)
- YOY Revenue Growth Estimate: 21.20%
- Consensus EPS: $1.88 (High: $2.02, Low: $1.75)
- Gross Margins of 39.55%
- Net Income: $10.45 billion
iPhone sales are expected to hit the 51 million sales mark. Apple sold 39.2 million iPhones in the year ago quarter. Apple is likely to continue keeping Apple Watch sales figures from public release. Yesterday, at the WSJDLive event, Tim Cook revealed 6.5 million Apple Music paying subscribers. However, all eyes will be fixed upon iPhone sales, given the mathematical fact that Apple Watch sales and music subscriptions are a drop in Apple's financial bucket when compared to iPhone revenues. China sales are going to be of huge interest to investors, looking to see if Apple can overcome an economic downturn in the region.
Reviewing estimates from both the professional firms and bloggers, it appears iPhone sales should continue to sell at a comfortable rate, but sales are not likely to move Apple's iPhone into a new massive growth story either. It appears that Mac, Apple Watch, Apple TV and Apple Music sales all represent additional slow growth adders to Apple's bottom line. iPad Pro may be the only big hitter during the holiday season to spur financials beyond Apple's forecast or Wall Street expectations.
- Apple's Most Exciting Announcement – Apple Card
- Why iPad Pro is a long ways off from replacing MacBooks
- Apple's MacBook Lineup Is More Confusing Than Ever
- Apple's quiet but steady improvements to the butterfly keyboard
- Stop the Insanity! Did Apple's iPhones Sales Really Fall Last Quarter?!
- Stop The Fake News! iPhone X's OLED Display Is NOT Just Like Any Other Samsung Offering
- iPhone X: Android Publications Can't Get Enough Of It
- Apple Gears Up at Costco, Just In Time For Christmas
- NY Times David Pogue Gets Why Apple TV 4K is the Best Streaming Box On The Market
- iPhone X: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly