If you believe the Apple Watch Series 1 and 2 release was nothing to take note of, you might be surprised to learn that Apple's watches are flying off the shelves.
Two Guys and a Podcast conducted spot checks this week with several Apple retail stores, and all were completely sold out of Apple Watch series 2 versions (some stainless and ceramic are available), with some Series 1 watches still available for purchase. Apple has a hit on their hands, and it may be the big gift of the holiday season.
Until now, I had never seriously considered an Apple Watch. I couldn't figure out what type of problem/s it was trying to solve, thus I felt any true value was missing. But with recent reviews showing Apple Watch having the most accurate health software/hardware combo in the industry, and Series 2 containing GPS, a dual microphone system for improved voice-to-text, a display that is nearly twice as bright as the original, and the device being weatherproof, suddenly value is Apple Watch Series 2 middle name.
Oddly enough, there is no single standout feature with the new watch drawing in consumers. Rather, it is the sum of its parts that is making Apple Watch Series 2 much more attractive than the first generation. Series 1, containing the same processor as Series two (less GPS) and a lower price may prove popular with discounts at Target and Best Buy come Black Friday. But those buying now, for themselves, they are clearly snapping up Series 2 because it is simply the best connected watch ever made.
- Why iPad Pro is a long ways off from replacing MacBooks
- Apple's MacBook Lineup Is More Confusing Than Ever
- Apple's quiet but steady improvements to the butterfly keyboard
- Stop the Insanity! Did Apple's iPhones Sales Really Fall Last Quarter?!
- Stop The Fake News! iPhone X's OLED Display Is NOT Just Like Any Other Samsung Offering
- iPhone X: Android Publications Can't Get Enough Of It
- Apple Gears Up at Costco, Just In Time For Christmas
- NY Times David Pogue Gets Why Apple TV 4K is the Best Streaming Box On The Market
- iPhone X: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- Absolutely The Best Feature Change In iPhone X