iPhone turns 10 years old this year, and with that milestone the anticipation is higher for the next generation, perhaps more so than any before it. With anticipation comes rumors, smoke and maybe even a bit of fire. We've rounded up just about everything revealed that "them internet pipes" have regarding Apple forthcoming product.
From the reasonable to the irrational, it's all here:
PROBABLE iPhone 7s, 7s plus:
- iPhone 7s, and 7s Plus models
- Brighter, HDR-esque 4.7" and 5.5" LCD displays
- All-new, faster, A11 processor
- Single and dual-cameras respectively w/face detection
- Up to 30% greater battery life
- iPhone 7s starting at: $549
- iPhone 7s Plus starting at: $649
The next generation iPhone 7s and 7s Plus appear to be a restrained, yet refined product with ground-up reworked internals, accommodating a larger battery. The result will be greatly enhanced battery life. Have an older iPhone and want a new one with best-ever batter life with amazing speed? This is it.
However, the plot thickens if rumors of a 3rd model iPhone come to fruition. A new iPhone that may actually be called iPhone 8. This state-of-the-art iPhone would represent everything a 10th anniversary product would warrant.
PRobable iphone 8:
- 5.8" OLED edge-to-edge display, in nearly identical frame length and width as iPhone 7s Plus
- Chin-less, as the home button and Touch ID will be integrated into the display
- A11x (may be the identical processor due in forthcoming iPad Pro models)
- 16MP Dual-camera w/face detection and 3D "vision" w/8MP front FaceTime camera
- Fast Charging
- IP68 (waterproof)
- Virtually seamless all-glass design (front, sides and back)
- Thinnest iPhone ever
Lowering the base iPhone 7s to $549, not ony helps bridge the gap between iPhone SE and the latest full-sized iPhones, it allows more customers to justify moving into the larger 5.5" display iPhones, which is where Apple would like more customers to migrate. The pricing model also allows for the radical iPhone 8 to demand a starting price point of $749. The end result should have Apple seeing a record high iPhone ASP.
Highly Unlikely iPhone 8 Features:
- True wireless charging
- 5G carrier technology
- 64GB entry storage
- Ships standard with Airpods
- Retina eye scanner
- Virtual Reality
- Holographic display
If Apple is going to move some key features into iPhone 8, true wireless charging and other forthcoming technologies can be held off for their next generation. iPhone 8, gaining an edge-to-edge OLED display, wicked fast processor, with best-in-class camera hardware and software, integrated home button with Touch ID, waterproof and fast charging, with more "it just works" software integration... Apple should have a massive hit on it's hands.
At T-GAAP we have always waited two years between iPhone upgrades. However, if iPhone 8 nails down the features in the probable category, we will be jumping into iPhone 8's immediately. We assume to not be the only ones willing to move from iPhone 7's to iPhone 8's, which may leave Apple struggling to meet demand for the first time in a very, very, long time. We can also foresee some Android handset makers packing it in within 6 months of Apple's launch.
- Apple's Most Exciting Announcement – Apple Card
- Why iPad Pro is a long ways off from replacing MacBooks
- Apple's MacBook Lineup Is More Confusing Than Ever
- Apple's quiet but steady improvements to the butterfly keyboard
- Stop the Insanity! Did Apple's iPhones Sales Really Fall Last Quarter?!
- Stop The Fake News! iPhone X's OLED Display Is NOT Just Like Any Other Samsung Offering
- iPhone X: Android Publications Can't Get Enough Of It
- Apple Gears Up at Costco, Just In Time For Christmas
- NY Times David Pogue Gets Why Apple TV 4K is the Best Streaming Box On The Market
- iPhone X: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly