Yesterday John Paczkowski of re/code stated Apple, Inc. would be holding a Special Event on September 9. Many sites had been claiming a mid-September or October announcement for a forthcoming iPhone launch, however, it appears Paczkowski has the inside track on all-things Apple events.
In the past Apple has launched products, such as the iPod, on-campus, hosting the media in their own Town Hall auditorium. But over time Apple has shifted their Special Event venues to downtown San Francisco’s Yerba Buena Center for the Arts. The auditorium can seat roughly 550, two times more than that of Apple’s aging Town Hall facility, giving the company a stronger real-time reach into the tech media.
The Yerba Buena Center for the Arts calendar shows the schedule for early September wide open. Specifically, September 9, and the days leading up to the anticipated event are available. At least, the public calendar shows those dates are available. The fact that the center has often blocked out times and dates for Apple Special Events without specifying any company reservation can serve to validate Paczkowski’s claim, which we believe to be an accurate date.
The event is largely assumed to be an iPhone unveiling, but Packzowski makes no such claim, nor does he specify where the event will be held. Anticipate the event at Yerba Buena Center for the Arts, and it being the announcement for the new iPhone Air (which our sources claim will be the new official nomenclature for the next iPhone).
- BREAKING NEWS: Apple Special Event Invitations Sent
- Mercedes-Benz CEO: Clueless About Apple
- Apple Car: The Experience
- Apple MacBook Air Update
- Podcast Episode 108: Apple Pay, Apple Watch, Apple Car
- Steve Jobs: Visionary – Tim Cook: Wicked Smart
- Apple Car Should Have Detroit Shuddering in Absolute Fear
- Is TV too Small for Apple?
- A Car Would Make Apple a Brand Super-Giant
- Apple Special Event Announcement sent tomorrow